Tuesday 12 April 2011

Linking to blogs of interest and exchanging comments

On the Pediatric OT blog---> (listed under the 5 blogs of interest), I read an article posted on the 16th April about I-pad's being heavily used in Kindergartens in America!! I was shocked to learn that they use this kind of technology in such a setting with healthy, young children.
I decided to post a comment under the article to find out what areas (biologically) would the child suffer in with continued use of an I-pad in kindergartens.

Natasha said...
Hi there,
I'm a second year occupational therapy student studying in New Zealand and am just exploring a few occupational therapy based blogs. I find the above article on I-pads interesting and yet very disturbing at the same time. While I understand I-pads can be really useful for those that have certain impairments and are living with a disability...but using them in kindergartens for young, healthy children?---> I have never heard of such a thing and think its totally outrageous!!
I wanted to ask you what other areas (other than fine motor skills) would the child suffer in with continued use of an I-pad in kindergartens?
I'm sure this would have huge effects on all areas of the child's development, especially cognitively which could lead to great problems in the future!
April 18, 2011 3:30 PM

To view the response to this comment made by Your Therapy Source Inc, click here

Exchanging comments is a great way to connect with other health professionals and learn more about an area of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment